I hate ethanol fuel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
I love having 10% ethanol fuel manitory here. I love getting 8 mpg and having to burn/buy more of it. Oh wait it reduces emissions, so does the extra fuel I buy/burn with ethanol in it still put out less emissions than running non-ethanol fuel? I don't know government please tell me what to do!!! Pleeeaasse...Please? :Rant: :buttkick:

I know I could go buy another newer truck or Prius to get better mileage, go into debt, pay higher insurance, etc. but then who is gonna love the GMT400? and I really think trading for, cruising in a Prius would be a shame I could not bear.

Last edited:

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I consistently get 4 mpg better with the pure gasoline. Tried it a few different times to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind. Unfortunately there is only one place in my county that offers it, 35 miles away and about 30cents per gallon more expensive. I agree with you, I'd get better emissions if I had regular access to it.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't even get non Ethanol gas in Texas anymore. Shame shame shame.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I used to run 10% through mine, but not anymore!!! I pay the extra ten cents for the pure stuff. I friggin hate ethanol now and I'm from Iowa, the biggest promoter of it. :nono:

And here is an interesting thing someone brought up (I think Bluex???)

If you drive 150,000 miles on diesel at 20mpg and something like $4.00 per gal, that would end up being $39,000... still less than buying a new truck. (especially a diesel) So you can look at it this way: you are driving an old vehicle for free compared to a new vehicle with payments AND fuel. Never thought about that and makes me feel a lot better about getting mediocre mileage. The new trucks don't do any better anyways from the guys I've talked to.

(I didn't do the math, just throwing numbers- you can do it yourself and repost)

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
Yep the wife tells me to get rid of the truck, but like you said paid off, low insurance prem. and it is old enough for permenent plates (pay three years worth of registration and never pay to liscence again as long as you own it). So it is cheaper to keep it and pay for more fuel. Plus I have had it since 1997. lol

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Yep the wife tells me to get rid of the truck, but like you said paid off, low insurance prem. and it is old enough for permenent plates (pay three years worth of registration and never pay to liscence again as long as you own it). So it is cheaper to keep it and pay for more fuel. Plus I have had it since 1997. lol

I'd rather pay the extra money than be unhappy in a little car.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
You can't get the pure stuff where I am either. Only ethanol, 10% I think, with 15% being pushed for.

Anyways, I had a Ducati. Dang ethanol heats up and then expanded the tank! So much so it didn't fit the bike anymore. Ducati would replace for free, but it would just happen again. HD Sportster XR's had same problem until they changed what the tank was made of. I friggin hate ethanol.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Even the highest grade corn ethanol is one of the lowest grades of ethanol that can be produced. The amount of money our country has put into research and development of corn ethanol is absolutely rediculas.

-Via Mobile-

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Even the highest grade corn ethanol is one of the lowest grades of ethanol that can be produced. The amount of money our country has put into research and development of corn ethanol is absolutely rediculas.

-Via Mobile-

:word: coming from another Iowan....

gallon for gallon, gasoline has WAYYYY more bang