I bought a new truck after the 88 died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
So much for selling it haha. Love the plans for it[/QUOTi had a buyer here, even with the leaks he was gonna give me my asking price but i heard it drive away when he was test driving it and i was like mmmm nope, ill live with the exhaust leak for a bit longer and the leaks till the new stuff goes in.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel that. I tried selling my Tahoe because it was getting 9mpg. I had 7 people call me almost immediately and after a nights rest I could just not bring myself to sell it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So much for selling it haha. Love the plans for it[/QUOTi had a buyer here, even with the leaks he was gonna give me my asking price but i heard it drive away when he was test driving it and i was like mmmm nope, ill live with the exhaust leak for a bit longer and the leaks till the new stuff goes in.
So you told him sorry not for sale? Lol

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
might pull the plug on some pods, not sold on em yet, got my front end back together, hood is absolutely ed though so ill be changing that out eventually as well, and my nice new tailgate is on and the key works! i think what will happen next is i have another set of doors ill do some quick body work on and put them on, and then i can start on the harder weld on stuff, plus i have to do door pins anyhow. the flares are completely off now too and theres some rust but ill sand it down and add some paint to them quick.
You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
time for an update i presume, trans went out a few months back, i started losing 1st one sunday and it was slipping into each gear pretty bad, i get off work saturday night and first is gone, on my way home i floor it because well i didnt care and i lost 2nd as well. turns out the trans shouldnt have made it that far, i got the trans rebuilt labor free as it was used for my colleges trans classes. basically went with all upgraded clutched, stock ls 1800 stall, 300mm input and 32 spline output, custom made a shift kit and bumped line pressure a good amount, he asked what my trucks purpose was i tol him i drive it everyday and beat the piss out of it, and he went overkill and built it to withstand about everything ill likely throw at it (i dont beat it too much it was just so he knew what to do, although my foot has gotten a bit heavier enjoying the fact that it downshifts and such now). also added dual coolers, new lines and a magnefine filter and running amsoil through it, at 20k ill add my deeper pan and guage for it.

breifly after that steering pump, replaced that ith a reman unit which does make noise, im not happy but whatever and PS doesnt leak anymore then i figured out my front end was wopped out, bought at least 3 hp d44s and all the stuff for coils and all of them had broken inner shafts, waste of my time so i sold all that stuff off to a buddy whose enjoying the solid life. i planned to go solid still until my buddy said he didnt want to and gave me an ultimatum. so in the works (collecting parts currently) is going to ball lots of heims, coil and 4 link rear, Uniballs up front, long arm, torsoin bar and wheel bearing assembly delete and NBS brakes with hydro boost. essentially ill be mating a 10/44 spindle to the nbs knuckle, running longer front arms with stock differential right now until i crash it and then ill go center mount, but custom arms and heim tierods and everything will be associated. Thats all very long term, for now i rebuilt the front, put new shocks on it and reloaded my gearbox.

next on my list is my ever so unhappy motor, i was younger when i did the top end, been blowing exhaust gaskets out lately, soaked the damn bolts in loctite and check them once every few days and permatexed the living hell out them. anyways motor wise, i have a fresh rebuilt 880 block in my garage, coated bearings, glyptaled, drilled oil holes, beam steam cleaned and hot tanked with a nice coat of go fast purple. anyhow ive decided on using my single plane intake, 454 tbi that i got from kevin and havent decided on heads as the sportsmans i was buying are now up in the air. anyhow whatever heads i decide will get the full glyptal, studs/rockers/guides etc. cam choice is the smallest voodoo they make its about .468/488 112lsa and about 210duration at .050 should work nicely as NA and long term when i get to the remote mount M112. tuning compliments of the ebl flash ill be saving my hard earned pennies for.
otherwise build goes as continues, bunch of small changes lately just waiting on everything to be together for all the big ones. also picked up a 4" cowl from a buddy for helping out and a NBS hd hood that i may play with. just collecting parts

other than that been busy with alot of everyone elses projects, went to the local parade in the big red truck, blew the trans out of the NNBS, new motor in both the orange truck and red 67. parted and built a few dozen grandprixs lately, rebuilt my first ford motor in a 67 mustang, good ol boss 302, and put the prerunner on 38s and geared her to 5.13s. thats been it.