I bought a new truck after the 88 died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
one bit of good news is that my headlight issue has been fixed. Havent been able to contact baron at all for months so i reached out to MOBS who helped me diagnose the issue leading to my 4hi harness. i sent it out to him only to find out the solder connections plugging into the factory harness had come loose and caused a short on my hi beams, the relays and harness in itself werent properly grounded and to top it all off if the harness moved or shook itd cause a fluctuation in voltage.

anyhow truck still wont run right after a dead stop gonna try to get some codes tomorrow.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
updates. got new subs, timing issue was figured out the shop had it 180 so id run but barely move. 4hi harness is out of the truck because it still doesnt work. got the new front diff in, was drunk one night and wire wheeled and bedlined the frame.

still trying to find the right bolt pattern for the 14 bolt. oh and got the power steering cooler in
You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
figured out my running issue finally! i couldnt connect to my aldl at all pretty sure i fired my knock sensor multiple times and couldnt figure out why well my harness decided to start melting on the head. also my grounds for the computer and aldl were broken which meant in gear all my sensors went bat crazy. after a 900 dollar bill from the shop the thing runs amazing. even did a small dyno tune on her and everyone seemed rather impressed. i wish i bought a dyno sheet while i had it there though, regretfully i didnt.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
frame looks good. Glad you finally got this running right.

runs prettu good gonna do fuel filter and a few other neglected odds and ends. seems like its getting a bit to much fuel now that everything else is functioning properly. Ill be ordering the procomp crossmember replacement soon as well as getting some welding and such done to finsiht the intereior and exhaust and what not.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
got the power steering cooler hooked up to fix my leak unfortunately it turned out the lower part of the gear box was leaking too so since it has 240k on it i warranted it out since we replaced the box on both my friends trucks. gonna do pitman while im down there. and im gonna see if my power steering pump went out after that. got my leather seats back, gonna try to put those in. well my friends are since i wont drill holes in my truck. then gonna start to fix the rust around the wheel wells inside and get the rear carpet in.

got my cb hooked up all nice likethinking of deleting the swithc for my flood lights and wiring them to the reverse lights.

hoping to color match my dodge mirrors as well.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
New gear box and the replacement lift crossmember were put in yesterday. we had my not so car savvy friend painting the old driveshaft until i can make a new one.

also found some stuff laying around i planned on using that i hope to get around to tomorrow, also plan on redoing my electric fan wiring and hiding it all and relocating the sensor to the water pump(not sure why i didnt in the first place)

gonna add another cigarette lighter into the NBS console because i dont think it has one, that way i dont have to have my phone charger laying around all over the place

found an oil Psi guage in a parts truck since my guage doesnt like to work most o the time and dont have a clue on how to fix it yet
painted the chrome surround black and put it in the chevelle a pillar pod

picked up an ash tray insert from a member, i dont smoke but i routed my sub equalizer button in my ash tray as well as my old flood light switch in there, ill be remounting those and adding the other three new switches in there to keep everything tidy.

Progress day pic! after doing the crossmember my truck sits a little lower in front and threw off my alignment so ill have to crank it back up and get it back to what it was.

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Had a day of nice weather so Cody( the black 98 Z71 thats shwon in lots of pics) and I took some pics with his dad new truck before we stole it for some mods.

Also an old pic of the locker that i never posted

Back when i pulled the engine for rear main and TC seal

Went to Advanced to visit a friend got some parts marked down on his account and picked up this hurst shifter just cause

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I like that shifter a lot. Looks good

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Now during end of summer beginning to mid fall we did a trans swap in a 92 blazer, had a nv4500 swapped in but our friend bought it for his girlfriend and she didnt like it. i mentioned i had the 700r4 from my old 88 so we started to swap that in, got it going and found out the 3/4 clutch pack was gone from sitting. dont understand that but oh well i never charged him for the trans so he wasnt upset. he then opted for a fully built 700r4 we scored for 300 bucks that he had his trans mechanic check out