I bought a new truck after the 88 died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I'm digging the spray paint on the passenger rear that looks like a flare. lol

I'm glad we don't have rust down here. :)

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I like the two tone too. Good truck, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Very nice, lots of potential there!

Sent from My padded cell using tapatalk 2

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I'm digging the spray paint on the passenger rear that looks like a flare. lol

I'm glad we don't have rust down here. :)

Hahaha good eye. I didn't even notice that the first few times I veiwed this thread. Lol

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ill give yall the low down on it. first off the stepside looked great when i bought it. headgaskets blew on a suppoesed rebuilt engine and i noticed it needed rings, i took the engine out which was a hassle all in itself and rods were backwards missing bearings, it was a surprise the engine ran as well as it did. so as im underneath taking off the y pipe to pull the engine i see some undercoating chipping so i decide to take a putty knife and reapply some to protect it. well i ended up pulling mounds of undercoating and bondo off the frame, its was beyond screwed. i would have still held together if i didnt jump on the throttle after the 383 went in. the rear drivers leaf shackle snapped off and the truck slapped the ground and the shock of that collapsed the center of the frame in two. so the 383 came out and the truck was sold. still trying to sell the 383 though.

as for the yukon the bodys rough but its just the outside that has seen better days. frame and everything in that aspect is brand new looking. im trying to find replacement panels but havent had much luck. ill probably respray it the two tone color, im working on finishing the front end, i need a bumper and new grille as well as a parking lamp socket.
new windhsield was put in a few days ago. im having the brakes bled, new coolant, and fuel line fixed also.

my next task is to figure out why my wipers come on when i turn on my headlights........ -_-. ill try to trace it down and if that doesnt work then off to the local electrical gurus. i beleive it has something to do with the insane amount of subwoofer wires the PO put in. he tore out the radio too so something may be grounding there as well. i have a few possible headunits i can put in so thats set. also need to figure out my blower motor not blowing situation.

my basic build goal is to eliminate the body rust and fix the little stuff for now. i need power window switch, window motors, figure out why the rear hatch latch sticks etc.. ill keep the lift on it for now, and then when funds allow ill do the whole SAS and probably 6.0L, 4l80e thats laying around at a friends shop. rocksliders, and possibly a custom front and rear bumper down the road, my friend has a set of cummins tow mirrors for me, and i have to put washer fluid spray nossles in the cowling, it seems like its an aftermarket plastic cowling thats color matched and smooth, ive never seem one like it but its pretty cool. My hummer lights are going on it the same way they were on the 88. i have a few ideas just dont know how to draw them out without actualy drawing them on paper.

interior wise this paint is cruddy and gross. i was told brake fluid takes it off so that is going to happen soon. the headliner was already recovered in black. i need to find kick panels, rear deck panel, OHC, a replacement glovebox and seat belts( he painted those too). ive been deciding between buckets vs bench. i dont know how that would look in all honesty. theres currently no carpet in it. recently i used some stuff on a friends jeep made by SEM called rock-it liner, and it sorta sound deadened the inside a bit, so i think some of that will be going down on the floors. how do you go about painting the interior panels black? id love to do that if it will work nicely and not look grundgy. i was planning on a black and grey interior scheme, with blue LED guages from MOBS and basically a whole LED kit.

i know that skims the surface and just geting it as a solid driver is priority right now, my job may be laying me off just because i dont have seniority, so that may put a damper on things. it was hard enough finding the job i have right now, so hopefully ill soon have the income to do this stuff. otherwise if theres any questions just ask, i know ill be asking questions alot from all of you.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For your wiper and headlights issue check/ clean the ground on the drivers side for the headlights. I had the same thing happen.

Sent from somewhere in MN