i am new to the forum and i am gonna introduce myself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello i am a college student attending UTI i traded my old toyota for a 90 k1500 single cab. i am in the process of restoring the interior and fixing it up, i been wanting one of these trucks for a long time. i learned alot about these trucks just from owning one. i have a few other questions but i need this problem solved.

i ran into a problem my truck started running poorly after i parked it. i started it up after i just got it smogged. it was running great not missing, idle was smooth it did choke a little bit and sometimes die after i accelerate, but other wise that it ran pretty good. i think its the fuel pump but i havent checked the fuel pressure yet, i thought it was my ignition module but i read on another post that if your module goes bad your injectors wont work and they are squirting fuel. i changed my spark plugs and i checked my cap and rotor and the rotor was burnt, i changed the cap abd rotor and it did not help. i am gonna check if all my plugs are firing but, i have to wait till i get gas for it. i just want my truck to run i cant even drive it and i need it to get to school. its my only transportation besides my two boys, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. i will keep you guys posted. thanks

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many miles are on it? My fuel pump went out on my 93 at 163K so if yours is stock change it and buy Delphi or else your going to pay later. For real get a Delphi.