HVAC conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
You gonna need a diff dash bezal I can get a pic of the plug for the digital one for ya in the next couple days and you can check yours,to see if they are the same.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say you could but you would need the wire harness from a donor truck, actuator motors. Actually it might not be possible unless you change all of the "doors" not sure if the manual ones have the correct size/notch in them for the actuators.

Not sure if this is 100% exact but I'm sure it's close

Reaction score
I've never seen manual A/C on these trucks and my interchange manual doesn't show them having it, but side issue there. I assume you want to add A/C to the truck?

It is possible to add A/C to the truck, but you will likely have to bore holes in the firewall to run the lines to the evaporator but they may already be there and are just plugged. Since you said you have a donor truck, you can use it to figure out where the extra holes will be.

The heater cores are different as well. Plus you should have to run some extra vacuum lines for it to work correctly as well as a bit of wiring work for the control module, the vacuum controls and stuff like that.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
The heater cores are different as well. Plus you should have to run some extra vacuum lines for it to work correctly as well as a bit of wiring work for the control module, the vacuum controls and stuff like that.
gmt400 has no vacuum controls, the mechanical control is cable operated, digital uses encoder motors

to the o.p., you can in theory just swap the harness into it and run it without a/c, i have a harness with relays and controller that at one point i had put power to it and operated it on the bench

Last edited:

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
digital was for a/c equipped trucks only

Seconded. Digital controls were for A/C trucks, no manual control available for A/C trucks.
Manual controls are only for non-A/C trucks, no digital was available.