Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Hunter, first of all love the truck, its a good look! Got a question on your build, it seems you mentioned something about, or actually changed your truck from 5 lug to 6 lug, I want to do the same thing, so many more wheel and tire combinations, Im thinking just basically swapping the spindles and the complete rearend? I don't know of anyone that has done it or if it can be done....Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!! oh btw I have a 98 2WD Tahoe

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Hey Hunter, first of all love the truck, its a good look! Got a question on your build, it seems you mentioned something about, or actually changed your truck from 5 lug to 6 lug, I want to do the same thing, so many more wheel and tire combinations, Im thinking just basically swapping the spindles and the complete rearend? I don't know of anyone that has done it or if it can be done....Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!! oh btw I have a 98 2WD Tahoe

well really all you need is a 4x4 rearend, but remember the 4x4 rearend is 3" wider so if you want the front tires to match the rear you need 1.5" spacers. or like i did, lift spindles (they widen the tract width) but with the nnbs 17's you need .25" spacers. i believe if i put 20's on it they would clear the spindles.

So all that being said for me to help you, what exact rim and are you wanting to lift/lower any?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well no real update for the 97 except I still need to install my 4.11's! And I want to put a tailpipe on it. The turndowns are killing me.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking truck. I was fixing to remove my 2" lift springs on mine and go back to the lowered level stance until this thread. I have been wanitng to do the the 6 lug swap for a while.

I think you already may have answered this, but how does it ride now that you lifted it and how does it do with front end parts wearing? My springs are coming off regardless, but i may do the 4" lift instead of stock front with 2" drop shackles.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Good looking truck. I was fixing to remove my 2" lift springs on mine and go back to the lowered level stance until this thread. I have been wanitng to do the the 6 lug swap for a while.

I think you already may have answered this, but how does it ride now that you lifted it and how does it do with front end parts wearing? My springs are coming off regardless, but i may do the 4" lift instead of stock front with 2" drop shackles.

Thanks man! It rides the same as stock. It doesn't corner like it did when it was lowered. But I like the lifted look alot better!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

I'm running into the same problem :nono: I'm thinking of pulling them and going 4" Spindle from RC...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running into the same problem :nono: I'm thinking of pulling them and going 4" Spindle from RC...

We tried to tell you to get the spindles to start with :nono:

:rofl: it's a disease, doesn't matter if you lower one or lift it, you always want MOAR!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
We tried to tell you to get the spindles to start with :nono:

:rofl: it's a disease, doesn't matter if you lower one or lift it, you always want MOAR!

The height isn't the problem... It's the fact that the springs won't let it align properly :nono: