hub bearing slack or play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok one more front end question for now, my DS hub bearing has free play or movement in it, about 1/8 inch or less, WITHOUT the axle in it, no tire no rotor. The PS doesn't.

So is this thing shot? or should/could it have some play until the axle is in and torqued down?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
aahhh crap just what I thought.

well I can get em on amazon the cheapest so far. Might break down and order both of them.

I think the PS cv is going out too, it kinda stretches apart on the back half, the ds doesn't do that.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
next question, different part numbers for f44 hd susp and ld susp. I don't have the f44 code in my rpo's or that hd package I'm pretty sure but would there be a difference? I'm thinking maybe the 1 inch compared to 1.25 rotors? I ask because on amazon the hd ones are cheaper then the ld ones.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont know on that everytime i've got them for jobs the parts store just has one standard hub bearing i get

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea if I order one I'll just get the one without the hd f44 stuff.

I wonder though if that axle is bad coming out like that, it never made a pop noise or anything.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have ran into the wheel bearings being different on the earlier models. Used one from a basic (non F44) 89 and it was thinner then the one on my 92, caused the rotor to rub on the knuckle. Use the 89's knuckle and bearing with the 92's brakes and everything was fine.