EBL-flash and 4L60E control?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for info on how people have done the Electronic transmission control portion of ebl flash install.
I need to use the stock computer to control the 4l60E trans.

the ebl modified computer controls the engine(6299). 2 different computers.

I should Add its 95 TBI, stock computer(4727), stock trans ( aside from a few internal upgrades) im not looking to program or modify the stock trans programming.

What inputs does the stock computer use to control the Transmisson?
Yes I have the schematics/pinouts, so far i see RPM, TPS, VSS, IGnition+ and ground, brake light switch maybe.
Is there anything else the computer needs to do its magic?

thanks

Last edited:

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for info on how people have done the Electronic transmission control portion of ebl flash install.

Yes I have the schematics/pinouts, so far i see RPM, TPS, VSS, IGnition+ and ground

thanks
MAF, ISS, Brake light switch, possibly Cam/Crank Pos sensors but don't quote me on those last two.

Others may add more input sources; I'm not super knowledgable on the programming/software side.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After doing a little research it looks like you will have to use a stand alone trans controller if your going to run the EBL.

The Motortronic Cobra R6 has emulation and can be used with PCM's that have trans control such as the 16197427.
But,,,,,,,,,,I just checked that out and he's OOS.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your PCM had 4L60-E control it should still have it with the EBL.
I think this is getting a little confusing. The EBL will not control a 4L60E, you need a stand alone PCM. As an example the EBL won't work with a 7427. On his page, look at all the ECMs he supports. I didn't check on everyone but, I'll be willing to bet they're all for a non-computer controlled transmission. I asked him somewhere around 4 years ago when my 700R4 died. He said no. I wish he'd do one but, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
yes, the second computer that was written, although not completely clear.
I need to use the stock computer to control the stock 4l60E.
the ebl modified computer controls the engine. 2 different computers.
I should Add its 95 TBI, stock computer, stock trans ( aside from a few internal upgrades) im not looking to program or modify the stock trans programming.

Are there different or additional inputs needed for the stock computer to control the stock 4l60E?
Im assuming i can splice the tps, rpm, vss( drac) for both computers...
(thou im not sure how sensitive ebl or the stock computer would be on those spliced sensor connections)

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm curious why you want to tune your engine but not the trans? You'll be hampered with lame 4000ish RPM WOT upshifts if you've done anything meaningful with the engine.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi

Yes I have the schematics/pinouts, so far i see RPM, TPS, VSS, IGnition+ and ground

thanks
What ECM do you have now? You will need a ECM for 93-95 for it to have outputs the a -E tranny.