How would these look on my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Well they would fit a 4x4 fine. IDK about 2wd, but since you have a 2500 it rides a little higher. I'd be willing to bet they will fit (or require minimal work) and fill it out nicely.

Also, what brand are those headlights? I like them.

They are TYC Elegante headlights. Picked them up on Amazon for $100

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Retreads.

No thank you.

And yes, they are retreads. They use the old carcass (or another, perhaps more "questionable" brand) and instead of just recapping the tread face they recap the sidewall with it:

https://www.treadwright.com/c-51-bead-to-bead-remolds.aspx

That original 60,000+ mile carcass is still in there and a rubber "condom" is vulcanized over it.

This way, the can use any carcass they want as the core instead of you being able to see what it is.

You could have old ozone cracked damaged carcasses in there, you could even have cut sidewalls that have seen a sharp rock ledge on the trail.

You could buy 4 of them and they could all have different belt count's as they can now use whatever carcass in the right size is waiting on the shop floor.

Call it better if you want, I call it just another way to be damned deceitful about what they are selling you.

The words (from the link above) "Bead-to-bead is a process of applying new rubber veneer to the remolded tire's sidewalls, significantly enhancing the tire’s cosmetic appearance and long-term performance." Tells me all I need to know about them. A "veneer" is a cosmetic coverup, nothing more. "Long term performance" is a lie. Recaps are always a questionable thing.

OTR trucks use them to reduce running costs. Works for them in that capacity even if they leave "gators" all over the the place.

They likely got called out by big for recapping their tires and reselling them with BFG sidewall markings. Hence the need to "cover them up". I always wondered how they got away with marketing bfg's copyrighted/patented tread design without getting the arses sued off them. Guess they finally got their tails caught in a crack and had to come up with a way to call them their own tire design.

But, People buy them, people use them, people never have a problem with them.

But if you do anything besides drive your truck back and forth to work (ie: towing, hauling heavy loads, etc) I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole....

Last edited:

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Great White, I appreciate it.

I'm just looking to upgrade from the car tires I have on the truck now, without dumping tons of money on new tires. The Treadwrights can be shipped to my door for $170 each, BFG All Terrains would be $275 a tire. I do some towing but nothing major.

I haven't decided what direction to go yet, just want to get some opinions

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Great White, I appreciate it.

I'm just looking to upgrade from the car tires I have on the truck now, without dumping tons of money on new tires. The Treadwrights can be shipped to my door for $170 each, BFG All Terrains would be $275 a tire. I do some towing but nothing major.

I haven't decided what direction to go yet, just want to get some opinions

Should be fine for light use.

I personally just don't trust retreads. I've been right there when a rig chucked a gator in front of me. Flew in front of the truck (and I had the full 8500 lbs on the hitch), missed me by what seemed like inches, hit the car in the next lane to me in his passenger side A pillar and damned near took the roof off. We were all going the same direction on a 4 lane. The guy in the car was so shaken he had to be removed from the scene by ambulance and it goes without saying the car was rollbacked. The semi driver never even stopped. I don't think he even knew since it shucked off the carcass like silly string and it was the passenger side rear outside tire on the trailer.

I really don't like treadwrights. As a company I mean. They seem pretty shady to me from their ad copy. For example:

Kedge Grip: Our own unique blend of crushed (recycled) glass and crushed walnut shell particle blended into our full grade truck rubber. Kedge Grip acts in a twofold way; first the walnut shell is designed to come out leaving small (approximately 1 mm) size pits in the tread surface that will act as additional siping and create more traction edges to grip the road. The second is the crushed glass which is designed to stay in longer and create a gritty surface to help anchor you to the road. Does it really work? Don’t take our word for it, read some of the testimonials. Also, check out the 4Wheeler magazine (though under a different name that we are not allowed to use any longer due to trademark issues) in the August 2009 issue. They consistently had excellent results with our Kedge Grip.

BS. Total BS.

They say the put walnut and crushed glass in to improve grip. Nothing grips like properly formulated tire rubber compounds. "Walnuts leave 1mm pits". So you've telling you tread surface is supposed to deteriorate and chunk? Holy crap. Then they try to tell make you believe the crushed glass is going to act like sand under your tires. Well, sand under tires is a disaster on dry roads, not to mention it is will be torn out of the tread surface PDQ under anything like power application since nearly nothing sticks to glass.

Let me tell you what that is really all about: Filler.

Less rubber, more waste products (crushed glass and walnut shell), less costs, more profit.

Those waste products are cheap as heck, rubber compound is expensive.

Don't even get me started on the fresh new sidewalks and no more ozone cracking like on standard recaps....

If I were to give you my suggestion it would be to ride out you "car tires" until they require replacement, save your buttons in the meantime and get the tires you want.

I know money is tight everywhere these days, but tires is not a place where I would make compromises. Brakes are the other place I won't compromise. Then steering. After that it would be exhaust. Those are the areas that will kill you if mr Murphy decides to stroll into your day.

You also don't need to buy BFG's. There are many other fine lower cost options out there. BFG'S tend to be pretty overpriced because of the brand name if you ask me. Good tires (have 'me on mine), but a touch overpriced IMO....I likely won't be replacing with the same next time around. Probably Load range E Michelins. Cooper make some good lower priced options and most seem happy with them, at least the guys I talk to do....

:)

Last edited:

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks great how it is.

However,

You'd be getting your money's worth out of a set of KO's. I've gotten 68,000 out of a set on my Tacoma and still had tread when I got another set. I've never had problems with shaking, road noise, traction loss or issues offroad with all three sets I've owned.

There are a ton of guys on the Tacoma forum who love the tread-wrights, it's completely your call.

TexasCowboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the same price at discount tire u can get the falken rocky mountain at's and they r brand new

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting these tires for my truck:
https://www.treadwright.com/p-116-285-75r16-warden-a-t-b2b-d.aspx

Thoughts? Would they look good? Any chance of rubbing? My current fender heights are 38" in the front and 40.5" in the back. My current tire size is 245/75r16

You must be registered for see images attach

Recaps and filler. Yikes. I wouldn't touch those things. And their other option is a recapped Toyo m/t. They are selling cheap copycats of the two most popular tires on the market. I run BFG's on my truck now and for the price point I wasn't as impressed as I would like. I have a second mounted set of tires Toyo Open Country A/T's and I love those tires. They have replaced them with the A/T2 and I've heard nothing but good. I even played in the mud with my Toyos and did fine. I use them for trips to the sand dunes and run my BFG's year round. When it comes time to replace my BFG's I'm getting A/T2's. also cooper discoverer at3's are great tires. Know many who run them and love em. Michelin LTX M/S is another great tire.

Tyler/T-Unit

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
I got cooper at/3s 265/75R16 an so far i like em. Got about 600 miles on em