How to route exhaust with long tubes on 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palness

Reaction score
What kind of modification does it take to adapt the stock Y-pipe to long tube headers? I want to use a Jegs off-road y-pipe that's fit for the stock manifolds and cut that to fit if possible. I see a lot of people running duals with long tubes but I want to merge into a single 3" tailpipe on the passenger side in stock location. Feel free to post some pics if you got longtubes to show how they're routed.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
If it were me, I would let an exhaust shop run dual pipes all the way past the transfer case, the have the driver side go over behind the transfer case and go into a dual in, single out muffler.

Palness

Reaction score
I'm set on getting as much torque out of this exhaust as possible and having it all mandrel bent. Also can i plug my front O2's into the collectors on the headers? I want to merge the pipes into a 3" single as soon as possible because i'm under the impression that the true duals to the muffler will hurt low-end power compared to a 3" Y in front of the transmission. Here is the pipe that I want to run.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/31003/10002/-1?parentProductId=#moreDetails
You must be registered for see images attach

mmatsjugg

Reaction score
i know super late response but at least hear some pics hahahaha

back of transfer case

passenger side is peace of cake pretty much almost straight back .. i did this at my pops

Palness

Reaction score
Much appreciated! I'm still considering the longtubes haha. I'm just really set on buying a mandrel bent Y-pipe if that's possible. Jegs has this one for the 96-98
, then this one for the 99-00
, and Pacesetter has this one made for their longtubes but also on the newer 99 truck
. So my question is would the GMT800 y-pipe fit on a GMT400? And ultimately do you think any of these would work behind longtubes on my 98 4WD without bending???