How To Put LEDs in Moonie Gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. Ive been waiting for someone to post info on doing this to the older gauges. Im going to be ordering the LEDs for mine this week

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kept waiting too. :lol: Everyone kept talking about LEDs in the '91-'94 needle clusters and trying to apply the same process and information to the moonies as well, which is obviously not the case. I had a little extra money for some LEDs and the truck isn't leaving the garage anytime soon, so I figured I'd just go ahead and tear into it and see for myself.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i used the same ones you did, mine are bright just not as evenly bright as that, thats why i was wondering if you cut the backs out of yours

i was thinking of going with the HP9's

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno, man. The exposure settings can play tricks. That picture makes them appear a little brighter than they really are. I would say they're just a tad brighter than the stock bulbs when viewed with the naked eye. But as far as being evenly lit, these look better than any other LED gauge cluster I've ever done. There are zero hot spots.

Reaction score
Jason, can i do it to these? My gauges.. and my A.C. controls..(idunno why, but the A.C. dont light up anyways)..
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes its very dirty... lol

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You haven't seen my Suburban thread?

Reaction score
Ive seen em, and keep seeing them.. everywhere..lol.. I didn't care for them at first.They look cool and all, but i didn't think id ever actually want them.. But they are growing on me. I drove to town today, and during that long *** drive i was looking at my gauges.. They look sad bro.. very sad. The Alpine is laughing at them.. I cant have this.

And yeah Ive seen your thread.. but im lazy when it comes to searching things like a bulb size lol...