How to; Overhead console recover.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Get a friend to help you out. Actually seeing it done would make it alot easier to do (for me at least).

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info sealow!
I'm about to recover my o/h console but i've ran into an issue: I don't have the 10 philips head screws to remove, I have what looks like 10 plastic rivets.
Do I need to drill these out? Any advice?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'd drill the heads off. When you get the 2 pieces apart, the pins left over from those fasteners can pulled out. Hopefully they're not glued!
If so, cut them off level & carefully drill out the holes for some screws. Not too big of screws though. That plastic splits easily.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Done! It came out pretty well. All I had to do was cut the heads off btw, there were no pins and I was able to screw it down from screws from another o/h console. I cut the corners a little close but shouldn't be too noticeable.
My burgundy to black/gray interior project is coming along nicely, mostly thanks to all your awesome threads sealow!