How to: NBS master cylinder swap for firm brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Deleted my ABS yesterday because I have a sas and rear disc's, next mod is going to be this upgrade, should really dial it in aside from hydroboost which i'd rather not do at the moment. Thanks for the info and part#s

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will any master cylinder work off of a nbs? Does it have to be a vehicle with rear disc??

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even check that. I just plugged in like a 2001 silverado in the vehicle type on Advance Auto website. There are two styles though. One is for hydro boost. I accidentally got that one because I wasn't paying attention. Been on there for months with no issues. Recently upgraded to braided lines and that made it even better.

Sent from my iOuternet using Tapatalk

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome mod. I'm doing steering shaft from 98 chevy van tomorrow. But the master cylinder will be my next mod. What vehicle can I snag this from tho? Any tahoe? Any 1/2 ton truck?

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up to 2005 for sure. Don't know about newer models. Get one off a truck still running vacuum assist unless you are switching to hydro boost. And don't forget the little adapter to make the line fit in the MC.

Sent from my iOuternet using Tapatalk

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome mod. I'm doing steering shaft from 98 chevy van tomorrow. But the master cylinder will be my next mod. What vehicle can I snag this from tho? Any tahoe? Any 1/2 ton truck?

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stupid phone. I got a 2005 tahoe a guy is parting out. I'm going to givehim a call tomor row

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part numbers are the same from the 01 Silverado MC I got to the 05 Tahoe so it will work. If you don't have braided hoses I would strongly recommend getting some. Between the NBS MC, 1 ton calipers, and Braided hoses my suburban stops like a champ, and its on 35's. This is hands down the best bang for your buck when it comes to upgrades. Well, this and electric fans. :cheers: