How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be more precise, will tapping into this temp switch work? (Bottom right of page)http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.spx?Page=44

Im not 100% sure about this, so i don't want 2 say yes or no... I think so of the 88-95 guys have had success with this but again im not sure how they set this up...

Another probably dumb question. Will a 210 Degree on 195 Degree off thermostat temperature switch work well with a 195 Degree Thermostat?
IIRC u want ur fan to engage about 10-20° above ur trucks normal operating temp....

Last edited:

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea it might seem really overwhelming at first... But I promise its super simple, the hardest part of all of my set up was removing the clutch fan... I went through a few of those store bought relays and radiator probe setups... But the mark8 was pulling about 40 amps which the relay wasnt able to handle and would burn up... So I went with the bmw sensor and Volvo relay system and its been running like a champ for almost a year...

k_pro1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
having alot of trouble finding the temp switch and wires. can anyone point me to where i can buy these?

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the Volvo relay has to be out of a 96? I grabbed one from a 99 today, I will see if the part numbers are same also.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the Volvo relay has to be out of a 96? I grabbed one from a 99 today, I will see if the part numbers are same also.

I have to find the right 1. The one I have is a different model # out of the 99. Have to go back and get another 1.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Taurus fan from my old 89:

I took the Taurus wiring back far enough that I could use the Ford OEM connectors and the OEM CB visible on the fan shround.

my original wiring setup for power and trigger:

Later switched to triggering it off the 411 PCM swap I did to run TPI.....

Just another option. The OP did a very nice job on his Mark fan setup.