How to: Install DIC in gmt400 overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

Reaction score
No the 95 is obd1 unless im mistaken, try resetting the unit and then doing 2 circles in a parking lot to calibrate the compass if it's the unit from a short console it would have an external compass unit as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No the 95 is obd1 unless im mistaken, try resetting the unit and then doing 2 circles in a parking lot to calibrate the compass if it's the unit from a short console it would have an external compass unit as well

Might try this. Thanks

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks! It worked!

chaingun427

Reaction score
No problem, since I installed my dic I have to recalibrate my mirror compass every now and then. Its a standard chevy process

sierra97

Reaction score
so i picked a dic up today out of a jimmy, short console. i have the rear view with the built in compass so all i want this display for is temperature, thats it! my truck is a 97 so i cant get mpg hook up and all that fancy stuff. i tried to wire it up this afternoon, but i hooked up orange to power and blakc/white to ground and i got nothing, is there any other wires that need to be hooked up for power? and what are the 2 wires on the outside temperature sensor for? one ground, on to the display?

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i picked a dic up today out of a jimmy, short console. i have the rear view with the built in compass so all i want this display for is temperature, thats it! my truck is a 97 so i cant get mpg hook up and all that fancy stuff. i tried to wire it up this afternoon, but i hooked up orange to power and blakc/white to ground and i got nothing, is there any other wires that need to be hooked up for power? and what are the 2 wires on the outside temperature sensor for? one ground, on to the display?

97s can have mpgs and stuff.

sierra97

Reaction score
how? i read on here that 96 and 97 cant, and that they changed the computers in 98

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how? i read on here that 96 and 97 cant, and that they changed the computers in 98

The only thing 97s can't have is range. It just says Lo because the fuel gauge goes straight to the gauge instead of through the computer. I have it in my truck with working mpgs