[HOW-TO] "4-HI" brake light mod (EASY method!) (STOCK TAILS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Pictures are both with brakes and tails on, drivers side has 4hi mod accomplished, passenger is stock.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, I noticed the bulb for the reverse light is a double filament bulb too, but only one lights up... I'm considering doing this mod to it as well, so both light up when put in reverse.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Switch has to be adjusted and clipped on both the pedal AND te metal piece next to
It.

Do you have a how to on adjusting the switch? I bought a new one and put it on still no brake lights..I have ruining and reverse..actually I replaced it because it wouldn't let me shift.now it will shift still no lights
Also I checked the fuse and changed the bulbs but they are pretty gunked up from that electric grease..
Sent from my HUAWEI H881C

Last edited:

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did this mod like 6 years ago and have not had any trouble. I have my tails tinted as well. this mod looks awsome and puts out alot of light.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I'll be doing this soon! Has anion used the duralast circuit board from autozone. I need a quick fix for a ticket until I can afford a whole new set of boards and lights...

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
For the reverse light mod to make both filaments light up?

Tapatapatalk

The reverse bulbs are normally 3156. Single filament. A 3157 does fit in there, but there's no point in lighting up both filaments since a 3157 in a 3156 socket will light up the "bright" filament to begin with. I have LED bulbs, and I've been wanting to try it. Same concept as the 4-hi mod, just run an auxiliary ground and power.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The reverse bulbs are normally 3156. Single filament. A 3157 does fit in there, but there's no point in lighting up both filaments since a 3157 in a 3156 socket will light up the "bright" filament to begin with. I have LED bulbs, and I've been wanting to try it. Same concept as the 4-hi mod, just run an auxiliary ground and power.

Where did you get you're leds? Any pics? And are the reverse lights leds and if so how much brighter are they

Tapatapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
So my dad got me a set of dorman circuit boards, and all new bulbs.
Done the mod today in about 15 minutes. 4 hi brake light mod done!

Park lights

Brake lights

Drivers side done

Park lights

Brake lights