[HOW-TO] "4-HI" brake light mod (EASY method!) (STOCK TAILS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I did the mod and when I touch the brake lights my dash lights up and my running lights (blinkers front) cone on ...if my ignition is off my dinger confess on like my headlights are on....
Also I completely missed the bridge wire....is this the cause?

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

loud00chevy

Reaction score
Did this mod yesterday, well my brake lights and blinkers quit working....so undid everything and still no brake lights or blinkers and now my blinkers hyper flash on the dash. Park lights work fine. It's on a 1990, not daily driver so have time to look into, just seeing what y'all input was first

Ok, couldn't stand it anymore, went outside took it all apart again...figured it out, passenger side high filament was out, switch with other bulb, good to go. Driver side im gonna replace circuit board, works if you push bulb to one side, so rigged it to work for now. Just letting y'all know I figured it out

Last edited:

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did this mod yesterday, well my brake lights and blinkers quit working....so undid everything and still no brake lights or blinkers and now my blinkers hyper flash on the dash. Park lights work fine. It's on a 1990, not daily driver so have time to look into, just seeing what y'all input was first

Ok, couldn't stand it anymore, went outside took it all apart again...figured it out, passenger side high filament was out, switch with other bulb, good to go. Driver side im gonna replace circuit board, works if you push bulb to one side, so rigged it to work for now. Just letting y'all know I figured it out

I ended up undoing mine also..think my non stock circuit boards aren't the same

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

camoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, you can't pass inspection because the tinted ones aren't bright enough to be legal? You might be able to see them just fine, but there are plenty of people who can't see for ****. :lol:

Atleast you made the effort to make them brighter. I did this mod a while ago. I love it. One of these days I'm going to add a flashing motorcycle brake light modulator to the 3rd brake light like truckinaint4sissies has.
Any links to the 3rd brake mod? Interested.

Would something like this work? Says universal and only cost 35
http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Last edited:

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So im having trouble understanding the grounding point. How do you wire it? What contact points on bulb do you wrap that single strand wire? I see that one contact gets the blue wire wrapped around it but what does the ground wire wrap around to? Any pics? And do you just ground that one bulb that you wrote bridge on or both bulbs ?Thanks

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first picture on first page, it's says bridge, that's the ground. Run a wire from one side to the other.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys!! I did this mod today on my dads spare lights for his Tahoe but on my truck and when I installed my led tail lights back on. The passenger brake light does not light up anymore but the running lights still work. Any ideas on how to fix it? The driver light still lights up. I even tried a oem circuit board and it didn't light up either. Theres no power going to light for brakes , theres only power to turn on running lights. Please help me!!! Thanks