HOW MUCH TIRE CAN I STUFF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, just scooped a set of 285/75R16's on silver steel's for 80$, the tires are worn out but im considering recapping them with a really meaty tread patern since my local shop can do it. So my question is can I stuff a 285/75R16 with a tall cap on it into my stock 94 1500's wheel wells? Will they rub, and If so, where do they rub on these trucks?

I have not cranked my bars, truck is factory but sits pretty level. I would like to get a 4" RCX (6" - dont run the leaf) but im pretty sure that isnt in the cards while im in school.

Also if anyone has experience with recapped LT tires, share your thoughts.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
i had a stock 1500, 1994, with 285/75R16. I bought the tires brand new. Best picture i got

You must be registered for see images

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Brand new cooper discoverer atp's 285/75r16, they have pretty meaty tread, prob 1" tread depth, rims are 4.5" backspace and 0 offset
You must be registered for see images attach

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
you can run them just fine on stock rims- change your rims = different story

and I've never recapped tires, so I have no advice there. The sun usually destroys the sidewalls around here before that's even an issue, HAHA