how much of a load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92 chev

Reaction score
i gotta 92 single cab 1500 longbed 2wd, and i just want to level the truck (probably wlth lowering shackles in the back) how can i know how much if any,i lost in load capacity? i still want to carry small to medium stuff (boxes, furniture etc.) thanks..... probably going with 17's instead of 15's later on

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i bet some one else has a better way but i would put bags cement in the bed and have a buddy jump on the back to simulate bumps and stuff. watch for any binding or things hitting that shouldn't. if you see nothing bad then take it for a spin and see how it feels. you should not only find your max weight, but also a weight that feels comfortable to haul.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
I run a 4/6 and with air shocks at around 85psi i can somewhat comfortably (depending on the road) haul 1000lbs the ass end squats a bit... but im still off the bump stops. I had TBI 350 sitting in an engine cradel and a bunch of other OBS parts in the back on the weekend, And we were only able to get 85 PSI In the shocks It did decent. If i was able to get my usuall 120psi i think i would of been more comfortable.