How have your Hooker 2462 headers held Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swans.2000.3500

Trainwreck
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of you guys giving good reviews of these headers but was wondering how they held up a year or two later? I'll most likely be buying the painted ones but am wondering if they'll rust out fast. How fast does the paint burn off? How fast will I see rust?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I've had a set of painted shorties for about 2 1/2 years now and there is some surface rust but nothing major...Those Hookers are thicker metal too, but the salt on the roads up there may make them rust out faster than down here in TX

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
I know, that damn salt eats right through everything its horrible! Did the paint ever come off?

I sandblasted them and painted them with some rattle-can high-heat paint, but even that burned off after the first couple weeks of having them...except on the flanges

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ours are holding up great! That may be because they are still in the box 4 years later...

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you have a tbi i would go with the stainless ebay headers they are cheap and a good peice,I have the pacesetter shorties on my vortec and after 2 years its pretty much bare metal with surface rust,After a month installing these headers the paint was gone.I wasnt surprised though.

Swans.2000.3500

Trainwreck
Reaction score
Yeah I have a vortec 350 and I would go with the ebay OBX headers but they have 1 3/4" primaries which is more suitable for a motor pushing 400hp. My 255hp 5.7 pushing around a k3500 requires as much torque as i can pull out of it and i don't think primaries that big will help too much.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never understood why they used a 350 in a 1 ton truck,I would def get longtubes for that thing,I think if you ran 2 1/4 pipe with cats and those obx longtubes youll gain torque.Is that thing a crew cab?

Swans.2000.3500

Trainwreck
Reaction score
Nope a Regular Cab Long Box. Scales at the scrap yard say its only 5600lbs (empty of course) So the 350 isn't too bad but it'd like a 454

Last edited: