How do you like my brake controller mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had my brake controller under the dash and I kept hitting it with my knee so I decided to mount it where my cd player was using some plastic that matched the interior. I created a linkage to pull the manual lever and put one of our stereo knob covers on the linkage bolt. It took a while to figure out the length of the linkage arm and where to drill the hole in the lever so that the knob would be easy to turn and only travel about 180 degrees to fully activate the brakes.

You must be registered for see images

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice, makes me want to do mine.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I wish I had taken a good picture of the linkage for you but I will try to describe it. You will want the new knobs linkage to be short and very close to the shaft it is mounted to. You will want it positioned at somewhere around 160 degrees at rest when the lever is in the off position. The linkage rod should be joined to the lever just about where the nub starts with the grips assuming it's a Tekonsha prodigy model. If you mount it too close to the end it may snag as it hits around 20 percent throw. This gives you the best mechanical advantage to minimize the rotation needed on the new knob and making it easy to turn with a smooth and consistent action. I'm gonna draw up how I did mine since I didn't snap a picture. I will upload it soon