How do you know if your truck originally had keyless entry?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like the title says, I'm wondering how I would know if my Tahoe originally came with keyless entry.

When I bought the truck, I only got 1 key and it was a copy of the original. Its an LT according to the badge on the C pillar if that helps. It has leather seats, electric windows, locks, and mirrors so I'm assuming with all those features, keyless entry would have been in the mix too. I don't want to drop the cash on a remote only to find out the truck wasn't equipped so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look for the AUO in the glove box. Heres the thread with some info and theres a link in that thread that has some different RPO codes.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?14125-another-keyless-entry-question

AU0 LOCK CONTROL,REMOTE ENTRY(KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM) REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0)

AU3 LOCK,SIDE DOOR,ELECTRIC ELEC S/D LK(AU3)

If it does have it heres another good thread on how to program the remote.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?11652-keyless-entry-remote-questions

Thanks man. I searched the forums but I couldn't find anything. I guess its all in how you word the search terms. I'll definitely check my glove box for those codes tomorrow.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
AU0 (zero not "O") actually but yes :D that's the RPO code for remote entry. Funny, I was just responding to this same question on another forum.

It should be noted that in general, GMT400's did not often come with keyless entry. It's a pretty unusual option even in the later years.

Richard

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 4th code is AU0 and next one is AU3. So that means I should have it right?

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It should be noted that in general, GMT400's did not often come with keyless entry. It's a pretty unusual option even in the later years.

Richard

Really, almost every late 400 I have seen with power has keyless entry. At least around here.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll order the remote and see what happens. Thanks for the link on how to program it myself. It hurts my soul to think of paying the stealership to do that.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
What year is your Taho? OBDI & II are different.ALLDATAdiy has instructions to see if yours has remote entry.If you'll tell me the year I'll look it up.