How do I keep water out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure where to put this or even how or what to ask.

Here goes...

I like driving with my windows down, even in the rain. This is a problem because the water that's pushed over by the wipers tends to drip down onto the door pull, window, door lock and mirror switches. I've noticed there was still an issue with vent visors installed.

Has anyone had the same problem and if so were you able to find a solution? Aside from keeping the windows up or not driving in the rain, anyway. :p

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have vent visors, just crack the windows. You won't be able to keep them wide open, but you can still crack them an inch or two and get some airflow. These trucks will get water all over everything on the door panel if you leave the windows wide open in the rain, just the way the front of the cab is designed.

I used to have vent visors on both of my trucks for smoking purposes in the rain, but then I quit smoking and ripped them off. :lol: No more need for windows open in the rain!

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
If you have vent visors, just crack the windows. You won't be able to keep them wide open, but you can still crack them an inch or two and get some airflow. These trucks will get water all over everything on the door panel if you leave the windows wide open in the rain, just the way the front of the cab is designed.

I used to have vent visors on both of my trucks for smoking purposes in the rain, but then I quit smoking and ripped them off. :lol: No more need for windows open in the rain!

Literally the exact same, Vent Shades will allow the windows to be cracked.