Passenger Mirror Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdpsr

Reaction score
I've searched everywhere but can't seem to figure it out. Portions of my backing plate have broken off causing the mirror glass to nearly fall off the housing while driving. I've had my door mirrors repainted gloss black and want to keep the assembly housing. Issue is, I don't recognize the backing plate and motor actuator when I look at replacements online. It may be that this one was an aftermarket product I used as replacement years ago, but I don't remember over the ~20 years I've owned the vehicle. It's a 1999 Tahoe LT. Does anyone recognize the backing plate and motor mount from within the pictures...or have any suggestions for how to replace the mirror glass in this instance? The center of the second picture shows the broken slot where the silver rod would connect vertically from within the first photo. Thanks in advance for any help.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The good aftermarket ones come gloss black. Just replace the whole mirror. Make sure you order the right on ie heated, not heated, etc.
Also not a big deal to have a replacement painted before install. Most shops should have plenty of gloss black on hand. Probably end up with a better, longer lasting finish than whatever it came out of the box with.

Richard

Jdpsr

Reaction score
Also not a big deal to have a replacement painted before install. Most shops should have plenty of gloss black on hand. Probably end up with a better, longer lasting finish than whatever it came out of the box with.

Richard
Thank you both for the responses. I may have to go that route. My entire vehicle was recently repainted and it's an ever-so-slight variation from the Onyx Black, so was hoping to keep the shell assembly intact if at all possible. I'll get it figured out. Thanks again.