Hooker long tube headers- clearance and fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, I find that with reviews and such it is hard to find which headers fit what. I recently purchased a set of Hooker ceramic coated long tube headers for my 1994 chevy K1500 with a 350TBI. I will outline my installation process, what I have trouble with, and fitment for anyone else who wants to know.

Which headers

Hooker Comp Headers 2462-1HKR
They are ~520 bucks but I got a scratch and dent pair on Ebay

Manifold removal
First I took off my manifolds. I took a can of PB blaster and for about a week, I sprayed every bolt daily and gave it some gentle taps with a hammer. The bolts are 13mm, but I had to either hammer the sockets on or use a 14mm because of the rust. I disconnected the steering shaft (one 15mm nut) and used an angle grinder to trim the alternator bracket so I could reach all the bolts. The Y pipe bolts were so rusty they just snapped when I put a breaker bar to them.

Exhaust removal
I wasn't working with a stock exhaust, it is a true dual from the previous owner. I cut all the hangars with a hack saw and cut it in half to pull it out in two pieces.
You must be registered for see images attach

There's one side.

I will post the installation when my gaskets arrive.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put the driver's side in from the top. I disconnected the steering shaft to get it in.
The only thing I noticed is that the collector is touching the shifter linkage that runs to the transmission.

Passenger side went in from the top as well. No issues with fitment. The only thing was the dipstick. The headers came with a steel spacer for the tube. I put that on the end and used a 1/4 20 rod to make a new mount for it on the head.

Each collector was aimed nicely under the Tranny crossmember.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers