HIR2 bulb pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres the before and after pics of the Phillips HIR2 bulbs i got from Ebay

Sylvania 9006 in pics 1-3
You must be registered for see images attach

9006 in passenger and HIR2 In driver

HIR2 pics

You can tell in the last pic that it lights up more road in front, the truck across the street, the tree in the background...

I would say they are noticeably brighter, not as bright as you would get from HID setup. Its worth the swap from 9006 as far as cost and light improvement. I made a template of the 9006 part of the base that needed to be trimmed with a piece of masking tape and an exacto and transferred it to the HIRs and clipped it with a set of diagonal cutters. Super easy.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Good to know - Guess I will be gettin me some. I would go HID, but even in my wifes new 2013 Sentra, I have harness issues with HIDs; being that Baron is MIA and his harness is having QC issues, I don't want the added headache of HIDs.

Just to find some good headlight housings now.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
2 sets of ballasts have burnt out, and on the third set now, the highs have went out.

Sent from The Burb via Tapatalk

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
The HIR1/9011 bulbs *really* make a difference in the 9005 high beams, moreso than the low beams... at least, the Toshiba bulbs do.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Now, if you had proper voltage to the headlights with a relay harness and the 4-hi mod... it would be even better yet. :Caffeine:

Mischiefse7en

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HIDs would be brighter and cheaper for sure, but the light output would be more scattered with glare and not as clean. The HIRs look stock but more white and a little brighter. Its worth the upgrade if you want better light for the same price as OEM bulbs.