high school technical school doing body work on truck a good i dea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggy-p

Reaction score
ok first off here is the issue, im in the navy and on a 9 month deployment, and when i get back im going strait to ohio, so with that being said i have a 98 chevy suburban that has some rust on the body, on the rear quarter panels, and on the inside of the passenger and driver side doors, and i also have a cowl inducted hood that needs to be painted along with the windshield removed for a new one installed. i would like this stuff taken care of, and not have to worry the wife to much with it. so has anyone dealt with these tech schools, is it worth trying so i dont have to mess with it and try to move and all of that? or should i just wait until i can get around to doing it? and help would be appreciated!!! or does anyone in va that does good work for a decent price?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Tech school work is a crap shoot.

You could have the next Chip Foose working on it or you could have the guy who's never going to give two sh!ts.

Also, no comebacks if you don't like it or it's messed up. No timeline either.

They're not a business and can't be held accountable like one....but they are cheap, dollarwise that is.

:)

biggy-p

Reaction score
i just wish i had the time to do it! my wife mentioned it to me and i very particular about having people working in my truck, mainly me! like you said it is probably a crap shoot!! i just want the rust taken care of before i get to ohio and the crappy salt they use up there eats my truck up!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Id give it a try i think, their work is what decides if they get the degree or not so im sure theyll try thier best. I go to a tech school and ive seen the auto bodys shop and the vehicles ere anyway look really good.

biggy-p

Reaction score
yea thats what i was thinking too it was worth a shot and if dont like it i can always save up money and eventually have it done professionally, thats not a cheap paint job by any means! i might even let them paint the whole truck! my wife is looking into it for me and i will decide but like i said im very particular on who touches my truck!!! so has anyone done this at all? let me know if you have experienced this and liked the outcome!! thanks

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've used the tech school a few times, I had a 95 Mustang GT banged up the driverside rear quarter panel pretty bad, took it to a few shops they wanted around 1k to fix it brought it to one of the local state tech schools they fixed it for $500 came out mint, on my Escahoe had them paint my rear bumper, door handle and front grille surround it all came out great actually have a few parts there atm, only downside is with it being a school they don't have all day to work on it so it takes longer, that's the only real downside imo all my parts have came out great

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

biggy-p

Reaction score
thanks for the info 95ecsahoe!! if i do decide to go that route i will post pics before and after!!! thanks guys for the info!!!!

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the info 95ecsahoe!! if i do decide to go that route i will post pics before and after!!! thanks guys for the info!!!!

No problem, ill post pics of there latest work when the parts are back

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk