High Line Preassure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys... I was looking through some notes today and found this article on High Line Pressure. I get tickled everytime I read it. Basically its saying when you bump up pressure, hard part failure is at a greater risk. Thought I would share. The author is Larry Bloodworth, a transmission guru out of Utah.

In the beginning, there was line pressure.
A great many saw line pressure and said it was good.

If line pressure is good, then more is better.

It was written by the God of transmissions that we must elevate line pressure to preserve friction elements.

So it came to pass.

So did geartrain failure.

"Why is there geartrain failure?" we asked.
"That hath not happened in the early days."

"Ah, my son..." said The Great One,
"High line taketh away converter feed. Converter feedeth thy geartrain. Taketh away the flowing waters of the converter and thy geartrain will surely die."

Many geartrains were slain. Many lay dead or dying. The sword of LackAlube was swift and sure.

Then it came to pass a mere peasant saw a vision. He did try to filleth thy cup with a quart of the lubricating waters in 20 seconds. The cooler lines did as he wished.

But lo and behold!
When the vacuum line was removed from the modulator, the flowing waters ceased.

"How could that be?" asked the peasant.

"Thou dost rob Lube to feed Line." said the God of transmissions.

"What do I do, oh Father Of Transmissions, so high? asked the peasant.

Ye shall connect Line to Lube and let the brothers feed each other. They shall flood in the great waters that feed them and they will be happy.

"But, O Great One, what shall happen to the engine?" asked the peasant.

"Why shall thy worry so, my son? Judas built the engine."

>>AND SO THE STORY GOES<<

Larry Bloodworth