HIDs or LEDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you live where temps get to freezing, that also means snow/ice will not melt off your headlight lenses.

As far as pattern/cutoff go, neither one retrofitted into stock housings work well.

If you're talking about the full replacement LED headlights that are made the same size/shape as a few popular sealed beams like the big square lamps on a work truck grille, then those seem to be pretty high quality. Expensive as hell too.

Richard

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you live where temps get to freezing, that also means snow/ice will not melt off your headlight lenses.

As far as pattern/cutoff go, neither one retrofitted into stock housings work well.

If you're talking about the full replacement LED headlights that are made the same size/shape as a few popular sealed beams like the big square lamps on a work truck grille, then those seem to be pretty high quality. Expensive as hell too.

Richard

While not as quickly leds will melt ice.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've got LED's in the Magnum and I can't imagine they could melt anything. YMMV

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Factory halogens! Don't fix it if it ain't broke. That's what the reflectors were designed for, so that's what's going to work best.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While not as quickly leds will melt ice.

If the snow isn't sticking to the road they'll stay clear, if it is you're f-d. Now those little cube LED lights will melt snow but any of the headlights basically won't.