HID lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im in desperate need of some lights. Mine suck and I can't see anything at night hardly. I am wanting HID's but i have never messed with them. based on what ive read i would need two different sets correct? 9006 and 9005 one for high beam and one for low correct?

And would it be necesary to change out for a harness? Im sorta limited on cash so the bear minimum would be great.

here is what I was looking at:
(9006 HB4)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LIYQ78/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=automotive
(9005 HB3)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ultimate hid thread is located here.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2527

Those are the right bulbs an kits. You really need a good harness as well as a set of clear headlights with a glare shield. Read that thread an it should answer all your questions.

You can get the hid kit much cheaper at ddm tuning or Ebay though.

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you man, Il check it out. So what cost would you think all the stuff would add up to be?

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your trying to save money just get regular bulbs from the auto parts store, if you get hids your gonna want some nice headlights with glarcaps like said above or some projectors, the headlights alone are gonna be more then the hids themselves (depending on brand u go with)

tbh dont get hids if you have a limited budget, bc if u get hids your gonna have to get new headlights and a good harness (also stated above)

imho just get some bulbs from the auto parts store or clean your headlights, unless you have the money to get new headlights and hids.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

McMuscle3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk if I could fork out 96 bucks right now for a harness plus the hid kit. So I think il just have to put a halt on this and just go with some better headlights/lens.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk if I could fork out 96 bucks right now for a harness plus the hid kit. So I think il just have to put a halt on this and just go with some better headlights/lens.

The hid kit you were looking at was going to be $100 anyway. If you got the harness an one set of hid you would be right at $140. The harness will help a ton with regular bulbs to. I don't have hid in my high beams because with the hid in the lows I hardly ever use my high beams.

If I was in your shoes I would do the upgrades in this order, HD harness, good lights with glare caps, then hid. You will be disappointed with the performance of the hid with out the supporting mods. Just my .02 though.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The hid kit you were looking at was going to be $100 anyway. If you got the harness an one set of hid you would be right at $140. The harness will help a ton with regular bulbs to. I don't have hid in my high beams because with the hid in the lows I hardly ever use my high beams.

If I was in your shoes I would do the upgrades in this order, HD harness, good lights with glare caps, then hid. You will be disappointed with the performance of the hid with out the supporting mods. Just my .02 though.

i agree! after reading the thread on the hd harness i will def be getting one with the 4 hi mod and get some hids, heard only good things from barons harness!