HID/LED conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
Over the next few weeks on my C1500 I am planning on converting all lights to HID headlights and LED all other places. For now, I only plan on the front headlights, turn signals and side markers. I bought a HID kit off of Protuninglabs that came with all new housings, two low beam HIDs and two Halogen(?) high beams. The kit also comes with two relays and some resistors as well as some a fuse.

I know that I will most likely change out the flasher for a EP29 to combat the hyperflash issue. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I need to make this all work correctly.

Below are some picture of the HID kit I got.

Sidenote: will LEDs work in these housing?

You must be registered for see images attach

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LEDs will function in any housing, so long as the input and output are wired correctly, but the light will not cast correctly because the bulbs output light in a very different manner.

You also seem to be confused as to why the low beams are HID and the lows are halogen. This is because HIDs have a warm up period, and halogens do not. If you're going with this system I would recommend doing the 4hi mod at the same time so your low beams don't cool down while your high beams are on causing a very dangerous situation when you switch from high to low while driving.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk