HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

before
You must be registered for see images attach

after with ebay projector housings, 5k ddm hid.

Shortly I will be adding another set of hid for the high beams and doing the 4hi mod. I am glad I spent the money on the hid.

My girlfriend has HID kit in her CRV. I dont know the output but its def an improvement as well. Only difference I noticed is hers glare like a **** in my rearview but mine don't glare in hers. I think this has to do with the housings, hers are stock. I didnt take a pic. but the hids in my stock housings looked like poop and didnt light as well.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey where did you get your hids? i have projectors also but they are their own little unit that just plugs in where my headlight used to plug in. do yours have a projection lense with just a normal headlight behind them or somthing? i couldnt find an hid for what i have, just curious.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you are asking me I have these headlight housings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0171784137&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT
and the 35w 5k kit from ddmtuning.com
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=102&parent=0

I did not realize when I got them it said the xeon hid kit which is the kit i got from ddmtuning would not work. The reason is on the stock lights you push the bulb in and twist to lock in place. The new housings have 3 screws and when you put the screws in it seems to tighten up the sides and hold the lights in place. The hid bulbs have smaller lips on them so this doesnt work.

I got around it by popping the rings off the stock headlights and screwing these onto the new housing with the screws that are there. I am going to make some new rings that fit better later but for now it works fine.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh gotcha, yeah mine didnt have a place to put a bulb it was already there ( the projector was all just plug and play one unit by itself ) i wondered if yours was also that way but you answered my question! thanks

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem. Either way for the 100 bucks I have so far into it. I am very happy I got it. It's definitely a useful modification, very practical and not all for show. When I order the high beams I am going to try the 55w kit as opposed to the 35w I have on the low beam. When I hit the high beams I want it to be just that, high beams.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
if you are asking me I have these headlight housings.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0171784137&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I did not realize when I got them it said the xeon hid kit which is the kit i got from ddmtuning would not work. The reason is on the stock lights you push the bulb in and twist to lock in place. The new housings have 3 screws and when you put the screws in it seems to tighten up the sides and hold the lights in place. The hid bulbs have smaller lips on them so this doesnt work.

I got around it by popping the rings off the stock headlights and screwing these onto the new housing with the screws that are there. I am going to make some new rings that fit better later but for now it works fine.

The price for these are for a pair? That aint half bad for a pair. I seen the same go or 3 times that amount before.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The price for these are for a pair? That aint half bad for a pair. I seen the same go or 3 times that amount before.

Today its raining pretty bad. No problems yet. Seems like a pretty inexpensive deal that isnt half bad quality wise.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
just bought a set of HIDgate 6k highs and lows, 4 hi mod hear i come!! sellin my 8Ks to my cousin

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
yeah, but after i tore into one of HIDgate's ballasts, i believe in them.. they are well built, and very well weather proof.