HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've see 12,000K kits. I honestly don't know why anyone would want them, but I've seen them listed.

I have yet to hear of anyone running into any troubles with the HID bulbs being too long for the housings.

why wouldnt anyone want them? im trying to decide on a kit and if theres somthing i dont know about them id like to know lol.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why wouldnt anyone want them? im trying to decide on a kit and if theres somthing i dont know about them id like to know lol.

Because they're stupid blue. The whiter the Kelvin temperature, the more useable light you have. The bluer the Kelvin, the less useable light you have. ALL factory HID headlights are in the 4100K - 4300K range and they're all "blue" compared to halogen lights. Once you start getting into the 8000, 10000, 12000K ranges, you're wasting your light output, you're looking like a poser and you're going to attract unwanted attention from those guys with the pretty red and blue lights on the roof.

I have factory 4300K HIDs in my Cadillac CTS with a 5000K HID conversion in the foglights. I have 5000K HIDs in the lows of my red '94 as well. 5000K is honestly pushing the line of being too blue for my tastes. I have a set of 4500K on order for my Suburban.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thank you that is the perfect information i needed to make my choice. i already have enough trouble from those assholes with the red and blue lights lol.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
I ended up getting mine from DDm Tuning. Nice bright white 5000K. They were priced @ $29.95 with Lifetime Warranty. $44 shipped to my door.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got my DDM 4500Ks in last week for my Suburban. There is a noticeable difference between them and the 5000Ks I have in my '94 and that's a good thing. On the downside, it seems I need to order a relay harness for this one. :banghead:

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Mike definitely go with the DDMtuning HID's. I got my 6k 35w Slim Ballasts over the summer for $70 shipped and they come with a LIFETIME warranty...you can't beat that!

BTW, if you need a write up on how to plug in PLUG-N-PLAY HID's you should be shot, you can easily figure it out...doesn't take rocket science, and they come with directions too

The only thing about the DDM Tuning ones is that the wires were backwards on mine. I plugged the in and got nothing. So I flipped the plug around and I had light.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing about the DDM Tuning ones is that the wires were backwards on mine. I plugged the in and got nothing. So I flipped the plug around and I had light.

That's not a DDM issue. That's an issue with all of the HID kits from overseas. I've installed 2 HIDgate kits (1 on my '94 lows and 1 on my CTS fogs) and both had to have a plug flipped. I installed a VVME kit on a friend's '97 and then the DDM kit on my Suburban and also had to flip a plug.