HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been interested in getting HIDs for my trucks.

Post up your setups and if you like them, can see better etc.

Also where did you get them, how much did you pay etc

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
I've been interested in getting HIDs for my trucks.

Post up your setups and if you like them, can see better etc.

Also where did you get them, how much did you pay etc

i got min from Spencer on GMFS. Got the phillips patented 6k kit. i love them, im still getting the lenses re-lined up. but output is great, they look great, and idk why i waited so long for them.

i paid 112 on sale. but i know that they are a great kit. so it was worth the money

now i just need crystal clear lenses

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Line up the lenses? Do you have factory or aftermarket lights?

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
factory, but because the blubs are that much brighter, you notice the beams not being perfectly inline, so i have been adjusting the up and down and side to side of the housing.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hm... I tried adjusting my aftermarket lights and they didnt move. I gave up on it. The lows are on the ground right in front of the truck and the highs are a mile away. I just have to do the 4HI mod and it should be decent lol

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
i have the 4hi and hid low beams.

hid high beams are a waste cuz you never have them on long enough that they fully heat up

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you think the philips ones are worth it?

Did you wire them with their own relay or just do the plug and play?

Ginger

Teh General
Reaction score
i just did plug and play, idk i figured, they have a warranty, i know the guy i bought them from, so its not ebay, and they are supposed to be the best. i didnt bother with relays, maybe if i had a relay, it would warm up faster but who knows, i like them alot, and spencer helped when i was lost installing them.

i kinda wish i got 8k though, i thought the 6ks would be more blue

SkyHigh98

Typical Smart Ass
Reaction score
I ordered some HID's from ddmtuning.com earlier this week.. They are having a sale so I couldn't NOT buy some.

I got 5000k 35 watt slim ballasts for my low beams.. I'll let you know how I like them once I get them in.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered some HID's from ddmtuning.com earlier this week.. They are having a sale so I couldn't NOT buy some.

I got 5000k 35 watt slim ballasts for my low beams.. I'll let you know how I like them once I get them in.

this needs a write up for install purposes. ill be looking into this this summer