HID Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason

Reaction score
wow so i pretty much had to drive with my high beams on tonight!
i definatley need to adjust those lights, i had some people flash me, and one person completley roll down their window and cover up their side mirror with a middle finger to go along with it!

just curious but how does one adjust these?? should i just have a shop do it, if so, how much is that gonna set me back?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seriously. Do NOT pay someone to adjust your headlights. They'll probably charge you 50 bucks and laugh all the way to the bank.

Look at this image...
You must be registered for see images attach

The 2 holes with the blue wire connectors mark where the adjusters are located. They have an unusualy star head on them, but a small socket will fit on the outside of them and work. I forget which for sure, but I think it was a 6, 6.5 or 7mm.

One of the screws adjusts the lights up and down. The other adjusts the side to side angle.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got some new eagle eye headlight assemblies....can i put HID bulbs in these????
i got them for 55 pr....i just needed to get rid of my yellowed out stock ones...
i live in west texas and lots of wide open space where i can use my highs...and lots of deer....if i really wanna put light out there should i do 4500 35w for lows and 4500 55w for highs with a 4 hi mod
9006 is low and 9005 is high correct?

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fedex just dropped this off, instaling this weekend!! 9006 35w 5k..... i see they sent me zip ties instead of those double sided tape maybe they finnaly realized that tape is crap

95ukawn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 problems with my ddm tuning HID and relay:

1 . so i notice that only ONE side works (drivers side ) so i switched ballasts i put the (working) drivers side ballast into the passengers side bulb (where it wasnt working) and it worked! so i plugged in the other ballast that wasnt working into the drivers side bulb and it did not turn on! :think: so im thinking i got a defective ballast?? or is it me that hooked em up wrong???

SECOND PROBLEM :: after i hooked everything up (HID KIT AND RELAY HARNESS) my truck did not want to start!!! it only clicks and clicks like is my starter was bad or like if i had a really really bad battery, so i removed the fuse (power) thats on the relay and truck started right up! now did i wire it up wrong? is it a bad ground? bad power or just a bad batter?? or wwhat :banghead: :fca5278d:

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would recommend the DDM Tuning 4500K 35w kit. I would also recommend some TYC Elegante housings if you can. As long as you stay 5000K or below, you'll be getting the best output for your money.

I do not recommend 55w HIDs for lowbeams.

Do These TYC Elegante Housings have lots of "glare" When running HID's or do they have a good pattern? I've been wanting to get HID's for a while since I can't see much with the factory light's.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do These TYC Elegante Housings have lots of "glare" When running HID's or do they have a good pattern? I've been wanting to get HID's for a while since I can't see much with the factory light's.

The pattern is decent and the glare is minimal. They have glare caps over the lowbeam bulbs that a lot of aftermarket clear headlights for these trucks do not have.