Hercules tires----Are they any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at a set of Hercules All Trac AT 10 ply tires. Wondering if anyone has had good/bad luck with them. Dropping them on my 98 Z71 Silverado K1500.

dangileri

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive never had em, but they look like good tires. clean website, very informative, which is always a plus to me. i have general grabbers that are a similar tread to their radial a/p's and i love em.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Used to sell them at the last shop I worked at. Never really had any issues with any of the Hercules tires

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Get the DOT code off the sidewall and run it through the NHTSA website; at least see where they're made. If I recall, they're Chinese, possibly Korean. It matters to me; may not matter to you. Very easy to check - http://www.nhtsa.gov/apps/manufacturer/index.htm and just enter the code where the box says DOT ID and click "start search."

For example, here's some Goodyear 19.5's on my old wrecker -
You must be registered for see images attach

Used to be you'd search the 4 digit code; now just use the first 2 letters. DOT code of MJ searched on the NHTSA site comes back to - Goodyear Tire & Rubber, Topeka Kansas.

Richard

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've ran them on all my trailers from jet skis to boats to car trailers. Never had a issue with them. I haven't ran them on a vehicle but I do see quite a few on cars here.

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went with them, and they seem pretty good so far. Not too noisy but good aggressive tread. Don't ride on highway bad either, we'll see how they do off road soon as I find a decent trail to tackle, not many in Maryland to be found.