Help with climate control issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is what has happened the past couple days. My ac was leaking a bit at the pressure port and I had that fixed and charged. It blew a fair amount cooler than before. Last night I noticed that the recirculation light and ac light were flashing together on and off and also when I turned the vent off completely they both stayed lit which hasn't happened before. Today I put in a new stereo and after getting everything assembled my vent only blows on feet and the AC light and recirculation light don't come on at all and don't work. I tried searching and I am not finding what I need so either I don't know the right terminology or the tapatalk search sucks.

I pulled the stereo back out and I couldn't feel any plugs that were disconnected or loose wires. No fuses blown in the panel by the door. Can anyone point me to threads that will help or give me some ideas on what to troubleshoot?

My truck is a 96 gmc and only has 72k miles so it could be a coincidence that the AC was charged or that the stereo was installed since the controls are 19 years old

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seem to recall hearing several times about people dropping the antenna on the a/c control shorting it out.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha, that sucks. That could have easily happened. When I pulled it back out I realized that the circuit board for those controls has no cover. How dumb is that!

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got lucky and found this article that someone linked to on the forum but unfortunately all the pictures were gone on the article site so I used thewaybackmachine to access the history of that page and got the article. I just jumped the two points on this transistor and repaired a shorted wire in the trace and voila, problem solved. A 5 minute fix brought life into a shorted board.

Is there a way to attach files here? I printed the historical page with pictures to pdf.