HELP! where to put two amps and where to run wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

thats what i came up with, still didnt fix the brutal hum i have in my speakers, no matter where i put one of the rcas it hums, i can only seem to run either just fronts or just rears and its all good sets of rcas

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

thats what i came up with, still didnt fix the brutal hum i have in my speakers, no matter where i put one of the rcas it hums, i can only seem to run either just fronts or just rears and its all good sets of rcas

What head unit do you have?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, here's a quick way to test for hum. Get an adapter for your rca cables that has 2 female rca plugs running into a standard stereo male plug(like on headphones). Unplug your rca cables from back of headunit, plug them into the adapter, then plug the stereo connector into a cd player/ipod/pmp/etc. Make sure your device has a volume knob, now press play and adjust volume up and down and listen for humm. If you hear the normal amount, it's your cabling. If you don't, it's in your headunit. If you're only getting humm when engine is running, ya needa get a feed filter.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other thing that will cause a hum is a short across the front end of the amp(s) or across the speaker wires somewhere.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got two filters im gonna try tomorrow thanks and its a new kenwood multi media