HELP! where to put two amps and where to run wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two amps one under the front drivers seat for my subs and one 4 channel for my speakers mounted on the front of my sub box in the middle as shown here

You must be registered for see images attach

now my power is running down the passenger side and runs to the back of the truck to a splitter one power straight to each amp, now the rcas for the amp going under the seat are fine but the two rcas for the amp in the center if run up the left side have to cross the power to sub amp and humm so i put them along the hump in the center and between the passenger seat and the console straight to the amp but i guess its too close to the zero gauge power running alone the passenger side, just wondering where everyone is putting their amps, thanks

narizon

Reaction score
I mounted my amps to a 3/4" piece of ply on 2 L brackets witch just sits on the l's.The rear seat keeps then in place from moving around.Been this way for 2 years now & never a problem.Very easy to get too the amps & adjust as the rear seat still folds down.I believe they is enough room for several amps this way.

narizon

Reaction score
They have never overheated or come close to it. Weather is mid 80's to mid 90's here & I keep the system pounding most of the time.When the seat is up it only leans on the top edge of the amps so their is still gap between seat & system.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah right on i just cut a piece of 3/8 plywood to fix with no gap from floor to plastic, painted it, ill post pics tomorrow when its all done thanks for the idea, should work good, ill have enough room to hide my huge crossovers too

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are mounted right behind my rear seat.
Thats a nice looking set up ccreddell:hmm:

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are mounted behind the rear seat too. I mounted mine on a board similar to how narizon did.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if you were to run sub boxes on the back seat if they were to sound better? Im running mine under back seat.