Help stuck rotor. Been hammering for hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just started doing the brakes on my truck and can't loosen the rotor. I've been hammering everywhere. 97 C1500.
You must be registered for see images attach

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your wheel bearings are contained within the rotor, you have to take the spindle nut off to remove the rotor.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you're at the parts store pick up a repair manual for your truck. It most likely will contain instructions on performing this job. Google is your friend as well. You'll need to know how to put it back together correctly!

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Channel lock pliers are the most popular tool for spindle nuts. They shouldn't be real tight before or after. Lots on you tube about wheel bearings mostly under trailer service same procedure. Tighten enough so there is no side play but not enough to make them drag. After assembling go for a couple miles and check the hub for excessive heat.

cookseyb

Reaction score
When you get the nut, washer and cotterpin out remove the front bearing, put the NUT only back on a few threads, pull the hub toward you and let it drop down, quickly pul it off and the rear bearing and seal will be hanging on the nut. If the seal is still good you can re use it.