Help stuck rotor. Been hammering for hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPete1954*

Reaction score
I just started doing the brakes on my truck and can't loosen the rotor. I've been hammering everywhere. 97 C1500.
You must be registered for see images attach
Here's a video :
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There are also a number of videos on stuck rotors. I just did a 2007 eclipse with stuck rotors. They rust primarily 'under the hatband' if you were going to have a hatband and wear the rotor on your head. if you carefully put limited torque on 8mmx1.25 screws and then hit the edges with a hammer you can multiply your force by using the fulcrum created by the bolts pushing against the hum. Usually the threads will just strip. I broke mine with a large 3 jaw puller and pounding and impact wrench. bent the bolt also on the puller. There are two jaw brake rotor pullers for sale that are heavier duty. The rust holding it on is irregular shaped particles so you have to pound and jostle and rock to get the particles to fall out from behind the rotor. Just pulling wedges the particles tighter together. Some copressed air will also help blow out excess particles. I don't see phillps screws in your rotors so they must have been replaced at least once.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a video :
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There are also a number of videos on stuck rotors. I just did a 2007 eclipse with stuck rotors. They rust primarily 'under the hatband' if you were going to have a hatband and wear the rotor on your head. if you carefully put limited torque on 8mmx1.25 screws and then hit the edges with a hammer you can multiply your force by using the fulcrum created by the bolts pushing against the hum. Usually the threads will just strip. I broke mine with a large 3 jaw puller and pounding and impact wrench. bent the bolt also on the puller. There are two jaw brake rotor pullers for sale that are heavier duty. The rust holding it on is irregular shaped particles so you have to pound and jostle and rock to get the particles to fall out from behind the rotor. Just pulling wedges the particles tighter together. Some copressed air will also help blow out excess particles. I don't see phillps screws in your rotors so they must have been replaced at least once.
This help the op with his one piece rotors how?

99jeb99

Reaction score
You seriously need to let someone more qualified to do your front brakes before you kill yourself. If you set the wheel bearing load incorrectly, then you will cause premature wear and possible failure to the bearing. This could result to catastrophic damage.

Reaction score
You seriously need to let someone more qualified to do your front brakes before you kill yourself. If you set the wheel bearing load incorrectly, then you will cause premature wear and possible failure to the bearing. This could result to catastrophic damage.
Did you notice the bucket jack stand in the photo too?

Sent from my E6790TM using Tapatalk

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to do this myself so I wouldn't be charged expensive labor fees. Every video tutorial that I saw on an OBS Chevy brake job, not one removed the bearing nut or whatever its called. All they did was hammer it out. I now know how to do this.

Reaction score
I wanted to do this myself so I wouldn't be charged expensive labor fees. Every video tutorial that I saw on an OBS Chevy brake job, not one removed the bearing nut or whatever its called. All they did was hammer it out. I now know how to do this.
Those were also either four-wheel or 2000 series 99+

Sent from my E6790TM using Tapatalk