Help on wheels! Eagle 058's? Or keep my NNBS GMC's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
So having a hard time deciding on which option to go with here... I'm planning on buying new tires within the next couple weeks, so I need to make a decision.
Here is my current setup. GMC NNBS 17's. I like them just fine. The fronts do, however, rub the upper fender lips from time to time and want to chew the edge of the tires up. If I keep these wheels, I'll definitely have to trim the lips on my fenders.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are the Eagle 058's I can snag for $200. Haven't seen them in person yet, but supposed to be in great shape. 16", 8" wide, 4" backspacing. I've always really like these wheels. I wanted them on my ZR-2 when I bought it but couldn't get any with backspacing that wouldn't kill my front end.

I'd also love to see some pics if any of you guys are running 058's.
Thanks fellas.

Last edited:

kink3

Reaction score
If it was lifted I would go with the eagles, nnbs wheels look great though!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I like the rims you have now, But the Eagles will look really nice as well. Really hard to make a decision and it's not even my truck! But like kink3 stated, I think if your plans are to lift it, go with the Eagles.

Sorry, I'm not much of a help

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eagles. My all time favorite rim. Been around forever and still look good today.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Lol I still haven't decided. They're in my garage. Those Eagles have always been one of my favorite wheels, but I'm pretty partial to the NNBS wheels I have now.
Wet sanded a little on a curb'd spot and polished a piece on one, they'd look good as new if I really spent the time on them.

I really doubt I'll lift it the more I think about it... I REALLY miss/need a truck and with only 80k on it I keep thinking I want to keep it stock(ish) for help on resell within the next year.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ugh. I like the stockers. The Eagles are so blah. There is absolutely nothing special about the Eagle alloys. Hell I had black rock crawlers on my truck back in 1995 before the black wheel craze took over. Way before. Now I just want to trade them for some stock old school 15x8 steel is with chrome rings and caps because everyone has black wheels these days.
Keep the spoke wheels. They set off the truck better and IMO better looking. I rarely see those wheels on trucks out here.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Keep the Nnbs rims eagles are boring

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Yup I think I'm leaning toward that... I found a white Yukon just like mine on Craigslist with the same Eagle's and it looked plain as hell - granted they needed polishing bad, but I think I like my NNBS better. For some reason if it were on a pickup, I might feel different. So after I get em all polished up, they're gonna go back to Craigslist.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
These are my favorite wheel. They look great polished, especially on white! I say throw them on and give them a try. If not, you can sell me one and I'll use it for a spare tire. lol