Help me spend my money!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderMode

Reaction score
Ok so just like everyone else I am planning on doing a Vortec head swap on my 94 K5. So instead of looking at different cams and intakes and all that jazz I decided I'll probably just buy the Edelbrock Vortec top end kit. I mean hey they already did all the work and they're better than me so why not. Once I do that I can pick up a set of headers and a 454 throttle body and a carb to TBI adapter to make it all fit. Now to me that all makes sense, should work pretty easily but I know there's something I'm not seeing. Anybody have any input or insight for what might come up as a problem or what I might be forgetting?

joedee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shhh!! you said spend someone else's money!!! my wife hears you and you'll be remodeling the bathroom ... All jokes aside after all that goodies out of a box get her tuned ..it will save headaches down the road

MurderMode

Reaction score
And who would be a good tuner? I've head that the guy from TBI chips is t too good because he doesn't use data logging. He just cans a tune for you and says it's the best.