Help me spend money on my 1996 tahoe 2-door 2wd!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
I have 5 different sets of corvette wheels at home so I am going to play around with a few sets tonight and figure out what size spacer/adapter I need so I can go ahead and order them. I have never seen a 2 dr Tahoe on CCW's so I am pretty anxious!

heres the wheels I have currently on hand:
CCW Classics Polished 17/18
CCW LM20 Gloss black lip/ flat black centers 17/18
2003 corvette magnessium wheels 17/18 -Very rare and super light weight wheels (Factory bronze color)
1989 corvette sawblades
AZA custom mesh wheels 17/18

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Corvette wheels are 5" X 4.75" bolt pattern. I have seen aftermarket rallye's on a GMT400 though. Look the same as orig. just with the 5X5 bolt pattern. Liked it!
IIRC the Chassis Tech spindles are based on the Belltech's, which will push the wheels out about 1/2".
DJM has the pinion angle built into the kit, but if you use a 1" lift shackle, that will throw the angle out. Probably need a 1 or 2 degree wedge to correct that. Installed with the wide end of the wedge at the rear.

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
Corvette wheels are 5" X 4.75" bolt pattern. I have seen aftermarket rallye's on a GMT400 though. Look the same as orig. just with the 5X5 bolt pattern. Liked it!
IIRC the Chassis Tech spindles are based on the Belltech's, which will push the wheels out about 1/2".
DJM has the pinion angle built into the kit, but if you use a 1" lift shackle, that will throw the angle out. Probably need a 1 or 2 degree wedge to correct that. Installed with the wide end of the wedge at the rear.

Ya I am going to get adapters to go from 5x5 to 5x4.75, I just have to fit a couple different wheels up to the truck tonight to decide which thickness I need to go with. I wish I had some stock 5x5 wheels so I could lower the truck then measure for the spacers.

I think I have decided to for sure go with the 4/6 so I will use the DJM flip and probably the cheaper spindles and cut stock springs.

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
Looks like I will have to ditch my corvette wheel idea, I held a couple different sets up to the truck and they just didnt look right on the truck, I think they would look perfect on a smaller blazer but the tahoe is just too big for the smaller wheels. I'd like to go with some 20" TTII's but we will see.

I got up under the truck last night and good god it is going to be a HUGE PITA to notch this thing. There is a crossmember that runs directly above the rear axle, I can notch the crossmember but id have to notch the out of it, like to the point where I would be worried it would still be structural. I have searched and searched for pics of how people notched this xmember and cannot find crap, I found one pic of the xmember notched directly above the rear dif but Id like to see how people notched it beside the frame rails.

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
Got some 18" Billet Specialties wheels this weekend and also started the drop. Going for a 4/6 or 5/7. Whats the best 18" tire size for this drop?

maroon88iroc

Reaction score
My '98's crossmember notch.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the Photo, I knew how to do that portion of the notch I was more concerned about where that crossmember attaches to the frame rail b/c it looks like that crossemember connects to the frame right where the C-Notch will go. I am thinking I will have to heavily notch the crossemember on the sides by the frame rail. Did you do any cutting of that crossmember near the frame rails, Can you grab a picture of the inside of the driver side C-notch?

-Gibson