help me pick the correct size tires. 2 door HOE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just fit 305s on 16 by 8s on my truck with just a crank and add a leafs, still have to shave down bumper some, only have a half inch before it hits, they might of rubbed brake line if they had factory offset

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
My brother has a stock 2 door hoe on 285s and just cranked the front a little. He recently added a 1.5" block in the rear because with a lot weight and or trailer the rear drops

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To me, that dont loo bad at all. ya the front stick out a little too far but its not that bad. Now its on to tire choices. Thanks for the link.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got general grabber at , haven't taken offroad, but first thing I noticed was how much better they felt just riding around, ithink for a offroad tire it was those or the falken wild peaks for a little less, might be different in 275 size, but I was looking in 285 or 305s

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I just wish there was a way to move the rear wheels out further since it seems like GM intentional made the rear axle narrow so the rear tires dont track in the same line as the fronts. I think it looks stupid.

They did do that, if you go drive your truck thru sand or snow and you will see that the rear tires sit just instide of the rears so that they have fresh ground to bite into, even the older solid axle trucks are the same way.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now Im torn between getting the 18s or stepping up to a 20x10 wheel with a -12 or -24mm offset. I keep reading about members on the forums regretting not going with 10" wide wheels. I dont want to lift my truck at the moment but its not out of the question. I just dont have the cash to drop down on a 6" lift and a wheel/tire package.

Do you guys think I can fit a 20x10 wheel with a -12mm offset and a 295/50/20 tire? If I use the rimsntires offset calculator, both the stock height and the above specs both come out to be 31.7" high. The only thing is I dont know how those tires will look on the wheels. Some tire specs just dont look good in person.

And I am fully prepared to do some cranking if need be but not to the max.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are some pics of 2 drs with 20s. Granted they are factory take offs and most likely only 8 or 9" wide but it gives you an idea of how big the wheel looks in relation to the size of the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach