Help me diagnose a rough idle condition that is driving me crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have not heard of such a thing. Do you know the part number by chance?

No, but I do know it's a little piece of sheet metal that the screw threads into instead of the broken plastic housing.

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's solid advice, although since I will have to pull the distributer to do the IM gaskets, and my current distributer has a cracked cap mounting tab, I may as well replace that too.

Acdelco injectors are like 250 or something on rockauto for this truck. Felpro gaskets

pro17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you hook up at a cheapo bluetooth dongle or something to the OBD port, pair it with your phone, and get some fuel trim, O2, etc sensor data?

Fozz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! Pro17: I have a scan tool, and from what I remember my long term fuel trims on both banks were like -10 to -12. Short term fuel trims were much lower but I don't recall if they were positive or negative. O2 sensor readings were oscillating nicely between .1 and .8, I think. It's been awhile since I've looked at the live data, I'll try to remember to grab my code reader on the way to work and see what I get.

Kenton Ahrens

Reaction score
Go with a new, more modern fuel injector spider. CSFI to MPFI conversion. The old ones had the poppets on the end of them which get fouled and tarnished by combustion. Then they either don't open or stay open which dumps more fuel into the cylinders then necessary. The newer spider actually has the fuel injectors on the end of them and is originally for 2002-2007 Vortec but is also a direct and better replacement for 95-2001 with remote poppets. Several sites for this:
http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/Vortec_spider_fuel_injection_conversion.html
http://www.wynjammer.com/Vortec_Fuel_Injection_System.html

Think you will find your idle problems solved immensely. ;-)

BDBerry

Reaction score
Gents, I went through a similar scenario with my 99 Burb. After spending lots of $ on new plugs, wires, distributor, and a couple of sensors, it turned out that my new AC Delco spark plugs on #3 and #4 cylinders were defective. I was getting ready to replace the injector spider assembly for the second time in 8 years. I have been informed that AC Delco plugs are not the quality they used to be.