HELP! CV NEED CUT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sethturbo

Reaction score
OK,got both apart.I had forgotten the cliis accessable from the top of the cage.,check to see if yours has this clip...
You must be registered for see images attach

if so get your snap ring pliers and give it a squeeze.....mine hub came off easily.

More pics..

Appreciate you so much! can’t show how much over a forum but i couldn’t have done it without you, i don’t have snap ring pliers so i just used two flatheads,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 13

sethturbo

Reaction score
That's thinking with your dipstick Jimmie :waytogo: BTW I see you live in Cali,what part?
one more question, i don’t know how to get the bearings out from inside the cv hub, can you advise please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 4

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
one more question, i don’t know how to get the bearings out from inside the cv hub, can you advise please
I live where Six Flags Magic Mountain is.....Cheers for SoCal :)

Ok,so do you have a vice or access to one? Put the hub in a vice protecting the splines with a rag or something..grab a hammer and maybe a 6''-10'' 3/8 extension or similar and tap on the cage or the center hub and spin it.Tap on it enough to where it rotates,keep tapping it enough to where the ball bearings are exposed and you will be able to grab them one at a time.yuo'll have to rotate the hub back and forth to get them all out.Once you have all the balls out grab the center hub and wiggle it out,then wiggle the cage out.
If the balls are a little stubborn to come out of the cage pry them out with a screwdriver...they'll come out.

sethturbo

Reaction score
I live where Six Flags Magic Mountain is.....Cheers for SoCal :)

Ok,so do you have a vice or access to one? Put the hub in a vice protecting the splines with a rag or something..grab a hammer and maybe a 6''-10'' 3/8 extension or similar and tap on the cage or the center hub and spin it.Tap on it enough to where it rotates,keep tapping it enough to where the ball bearings are exposed and you will be able to grab them one at a time.yuo'll have to rotate the hub back and forth to get them all out.Once you have all the balls out grab the center hub and wiggle it out,then wiggle the cage out.
If the balls are a little stubborn to come out of the cage pry them out with a screwdriver...they'll come out.
nice! i’ve been over there for ice hockey tournaments, i followed your instructions and got it out! super appreciative for the step by step instructions and tips and pictures! about to clean out the peanut butter mess and re install in the truck, thankyou so much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 5

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
nice! i’ve been over there for ice hockey tournaments, i followed your instructions and got it out! super appreciative for the step by step instructions and tips and pictures! about to clean out the peanut butter mess and re install in the truck, thankyou so much
You're very welcome,glad I could help :)