Help.....Before I get mad enough to burn the truck to the ground

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNLowLyfe

Reaction score
All the wirings been checked. Timing is spot on. Ill have to check fuel later. I might try and grab a video driving it to work tonight to show what im talking about.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
All the wirings been checked. Timing is spot on. Ill have to check fuel later. I might try and grab a video driving it to work tonight to show what im talking about.

that'd be helpful... did it do this stuff before you bought it? or started after?

if it did beforehand... might ask the previous owner of any trouble or work done on it.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
read your plugs. it sounds like it's rich like was mentioned. the 'coming up through the steering column' sounds like an exhaust leak around the manifold collector with an old or missing column seal.

I'd say do what nate mentioned, check your fuel pressure, and regardelss of how those are, do a full tune up after you read the plugs.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
not sure but could it be the computer has wrong chip it in? ya know the bigger motor might need more fuel. depending on the motor and what chip it actually has in it might screw something up as well id think....
thats one downfall about a motor swap you didnt do yourself. hell you dont know whats in the truck! :( if its been this way since you bought it then it could be the main reason why he sold it!!!

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Mistype...Motor that is in the truck is a 327 bottom end with 350 heads and TBI intake. The PO put the motor in it before I got it. Any help would be appreciated

i don't believe 350 heads fit on a 327. i seem to recall having had an issue once with trying something like this and it pissed coolant everywhere. i think the jackets are slightly off and don't seat right. but i can't remember what heads and block didn't work. anyhow, might want to check and make sure they are compatable.