Hello from Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The noise was...glorious. The torque was...electrifying. It honestly kind of scares me.

I understand liking the noise, but you must have never driven anything with real power. A 5.7 vortec runs well in a 2 door Tahoe, but not "scary".

Welcome to the site. I'll pile on the fact we like pictures. Before and after.

tornado_735

Reaction score
I understand liking the noise, but you must have never driven anything with real power. A 5.7 vortec runs well in a 2 door Tahoe, but not "scary".

Welcome to the site. I'll pile on the fact we like pictures. Before and after.

Well, the most powerful car I've ever owned was a 1994 Saab 9000 Aero. With a huge turbo, 220hp and 250lbs of torque all going through the front wheels, that car was somewhat tricky to drive. The first time I found boost, I scared myself. Since the Saab, I've driven a few 3.1L Grand Prixs, a 3.4L Twin Dual Cam Lumina, a Subaru Outback, and a Buick LeSabre.

I regularly drive 5.3 Silverados for work, and came from driving 5.4L Econolines at my last job, but they are all loaded with tools and equipment.

I think more than anything, it was the noise giving me the illusion of power. There was no denying the torque though...

tornado_735

Reaction score
Here is a glorious MSPaint representation made of the current state of my exhaust. Used the alldata picture of the correct setup as my template. Found the O2 on the passenger side had just been cut. The wires were just dangling.

You must be registered for see images attach

tornado_735

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Hope you get that driveablity issue fixed soon

Thanks! It was running like a dog today, so I went to a couple of exhaust shops to see what could be done. None of them would go near it without making it OEM again ($$$$$$$$$$). Since I'm only really having fuel issues in closed loop, a friend of mine said it would be possible, if I unplugged the one O2 sensor that's still on the truck, that the ECM would just stay open loop (where fueling is not determined by the O2 sensors). This seems to have done the trick, as it's back to running OK again. Not perfect by any means, but it's better than it was.

I know this is horrible for fuel mileage, the environment, my wallet, and probably the engine, but it's only temporary.

biggy-p

Reaction score
welcome!!!!! o-h!! im from ohio, currently in the military, but will be heading to ohio here in about 6 months i will be near columbus when i get back! good luck with the truck man!!! i have 98 suburban and its an awesome truck!! but about to be bad a!@!!!!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yeah she is actually from Grove City-ish but has family all over up there. I graduated from High School bout 1hr south.

O2 sensors can be shifty sometimes. They would cause it to run rich, and other things too. Not sure on the misfire.

Bad exhaust jobs can royally **** your **** up. I currently have a cobbled together setup and I blame it for most of my issues. My passenger side flange actually had no nuts and fell off the manifold 10miles From home. Ran fine above 2 grand but at idle I could watch the excess fuel ignite inside the exhaust pipe and out the back of the manifold. Open loop will work for short term but junk yards can get you back to stock for less that any shop will quote you. Just a thought! Hope things work out for you and you like the site!

Pics pleeeeeeeeeeease

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit